Hammock Chairs: Effectively Melt Your Stress Away
Having a hammock chair in your backyard is one of the best things you can do for your house. The rejuvenating feeling of napping in a hanging hammock chair is something you simply won't forget once you have experienced it. Recently, many homeowners are starting to install these chairs in their deck, backyard and even swimming pool because they find them more relaxing than normal outdoor cushions. These hammock chairs are also perfect for dog and cat owners. Because they are hung high enough, you won't have to worry about your pets getting into them and making a mess.
What Else Can You Do With A Hammock Chair Besides Sleeping In It?
Besides the obvious, below are some interesting activities you can do while you're sitting in hammock chair:
- Reading. If you like going outside to do your reading, you will definitely love this chair. You can sit in it and read novels or any books of your choice. You can also enjoy reading or browsing the web with your android pad or apple iPad.
- Listening to music or watching videos. You can either use portable speakers or earphones for this. There's nothing more enjoyable than listening to your favorite music or watching your favorite shows while you're relaxing comfortably in your fabric hammock chair.
- Chatting. You can talk to your loved ones over the phone while sitting comfortable in your swinging chair hammock. Alternatively, you can invite your family or friends and have them sit in these chairs so that everyone can have a nice and comfortable talk.
- Working. If you work from the comfort of your home or backyard, you can certainly bring your laptop with you and enjoy doing your work while you're relaxing.
How Do You Hang A Hammock Chair?
Before you can enjoy the rejuvenating benefits of a hanging hammock chair, you need to hang it first. You can't just simply hang it anywhere too because you need to make sure that the hang point you choose can fully support your weight. Generally, hanging it from a beam will do the trick. You will also need to check the maximum weight supported by the chair and that it is made of heavy-duty and weather-resistant fabric. If you don't have a convenient place to hang your chair, it is recommended that you get a sturdy hanging stand for it. This way you can hang your chair wherever you like, including outdoor places like the beach.
Important Features To Look Out For
Depending on the budget you have to work with, you can either get a simple hammock chair that costs less than $20 or the more full-featured, sturdy and hand-crafted quality cotton hammock chair that comes with the armrest bars, footrest bar as well as a detachable pillow. The latter will cost you about $50 to $100. Having said that, among the important features that can seriously affect the quality and your experience with the chair are:
- The general construction. Chairs with wider surface can hold more weight. Make sure that the model you plan to buy can easily support your full body weight. If you plan to take it with you wherever you go, choose one that is designed for portability; one that is easy to setup and comes with its own case.
- The design. Obviously, you want to choose a design that will blend in nicely with the design of your outdoor living space. If you don't have a backyard with lots of free space or you don't have any mature trees which you can use as a spot for hanging your chair, you should get a model that comes with a C steel frame stand. Alternatively, you can buy the hanging stand separately. Most heavy duty stands that are weather-resistant and durable cost at least $100.
- The assembly. Installation instructions should be clear and precise; the assembly process should be super easy. Setting up the chair should be as easy as simply putting it up on your deck or hanging it. Some models do not require assembly at all.
- The hammock material. Hammock chairs that are made of heavy duty materials such as double layer nylon are built to last for years; heavy-duty stitching is a must. If you plan to hang your chair outside, choose chairs that are made of weather-resistant materials such as soft-spun polyester. Avoid choosing cotton because it will mold, rot or mildew when exposed to water.
- The spreader bar material. Spreader bars that are made of metal or aluminum are the strongest. However, they are not as stylish as spreaders that are made of solid wood. If the spreader bar is made of wood, make sure that is UV-protected and guarded with multiple coats of marine varnish which will prevent it from rotting or decaying.
- The size. Generally, you have three different sizes to choose from: single, double or family. The larger the size of the chair, the more space it will take so make sure that you take that into consideration.
- The maximum weight supported. Different models of hammock chairs will have different weight capacity, which is usually between 240lbs to 350lbs. If you're a heavy person, you obviously want to choose a chair that has a higher weight capacity.
- The warranty period. Quality product will always have a reasonable warranty policy to back up its reliability. Most decent models in the market will give you about 3 year of manufacturer's warranty. Be sure to read the warranty policy for more information.
Hammock Chair: Conclusion
Although it is important to choose hammock chairs that are built with strong and heavy duty materials, it is equally important that you choose a model that is comfortable and has an ergonomic design. After all, the whole purpose of buying it is to help you unwind and have a relaxing time. It is important to note that most hammock chairs are sold without the chair stand so make sure that you get the appropriate hanging stand if you don't have a suitable spot which you can use to hang your chair from.